Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Exsqueeze me?

I'm currently looking for a job and have been posting my resume everywhere I can find. I signed up on one website, www.CareerBuilder.com, that scanned my resume and uses a "patent-pending recommendation engine" to suggest jobs that match my profile. It doesn't seem to work very well. They send me an email about once a week with a list of jobs. Keep in mind that I have a PhD and have worked in the oil industry for 5 years as a nuclear physicist. This week's job selections include:

  • pharmacy technician

  • polymer chemist

  • psychiatrist/psychologist

  • registered nurse

  • nurse practicioner

  • photo lab and retail sales associate (my favorite)

Also included are jobs "similar" to the ones above:

  • blood bank supervisor

  • driver

  • paramedic

  • loan processor

  • dispatcher/transportation

  • microbiology technician

  • molecular biologist

  • food production supervisor - entry level

  • dental hygenist

It seems I'm qualified for more jobs than I thought!

No comments: